Traffic Advisory-People Power Anniversary
The Ortigas Center Association issued an advisory (Circular No.11 -003 dated February 21, 2011) warning motorists to anticipate heavy-traffic in Ortigas Center as the 25th EDSA People Power Anniversary will be commemorated on February 25, 2011. The three (3) lanes of EDSA Northbound (from Ortigas Avenue to Santolan) will be closed to traffic from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. onwards. All motorists are advised to take alternate routes on this day.
Kindly note the following:
1. Traffic Re-routing Scheme issued by National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) will start at 6am. All motorists are advised to take these roads to avoid traffic:
1.1 EDSA Northbound - All northbound private shall turn right at J. Vargas Street, turn right to San Miguel Avenue, take U-Turn Slot to Meralco
Avenue then turn left to Ortigas Avenue.
Other possible routes for private vehicles: take Guadex, turn left to San Miguel Avenue towards Ortigas Avenue then turn left E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue. Take a left turn to Boni Serrano Avenue and turn right to EDSA. From Boni Serrano Avenue turn right Katipunan Avenue or turn right 20th Avenue then turn left P. Tuazon Boulevard, right Edsa, from 20th Avenue turn left Aurora Boulevard, all the way to Edsa.
Public utility vehicles (PUVs) shall turn right to Shaw Boulevard then take a left to San Miguel Avenue then turn right to Ortigas Avenue, turn left E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, then turn left to Boni Serrano Avenue and turn right to Edsa.
Other possible routes for PUVs: from Boni Serrano Avenue turn right to 20th Avenue then turn left P. Tuazon Boulevard then turn right towards Edsa, or from 20th Avenue turn left to Aurora Boulevard, all the way to Edsa.
1.2 EDSA Southbound - All southbound vehicles shall turn right Aurora Boulevard, left at Gilmore straight to Ortigas Avenue all the way to Edsa; From Edsa, vehicles shall turn right Boni Serrano Avenue left Gilmore Avenue straight Ortigas Avenue all the way to Edsa.
2. Traffic Advisory from Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) – refer to jpg
3. 25th EDSA People Power Anniversary Activities:
Freedom Tour (Feb 24-26, 2011)
- Tourist from La Salle Greenhills (composed of three (3) buses) will come to EDSA Shrine then will proceed to Club Filipino; afterwards they will proceed to the People Power Monument.
Feb 24, 2011 (Thursday)
5:30 p.m. onwards Mass at EDSA Shrine, Marian Procession and Barrio Fiesta
Feb 25, 2011 (Friday)
12:15 p.m. Concelebrated Mass at EDSA Shrine (Aquino Family is invited; expected time of arrival will be1:00 p.m escorted by Diplomatic Core)
* Re-enactment of People Power Revolution will follow