Applications are invited for the position of Research Assistant for The Oscar M. Lopez Center for Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management Foundation Inc. (The OML Center). Under the supervision of the Scientific Director and Researcher, the Research Assistant will provide research assistance on weather and climate-related studies of the Center.
· Review and synthesize literature, studies and programs related to weather and climate science, among others;
· Assist in simulation, post-processing, data management and analysis of past observed trends and/or future projections;
· Assist in monitoring possible or occurring severe weather conditions;
· Update and maintain the Climate Knowledge Portal for the Philippines;
· Liase and coordinate with partner agencies and fellows;
· Assist in the preparation of journal articles, science-policy briefs, technical papers, and reports;
· Perform other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time
· College graduate with background in Meteorology, Atmospheric Physics, Environmental Science, or any related field;
· Knowledge and understanding on basic meteorology and climate science;
· Good technical writing skills or with experience in writing technical papers;
· Ability to work independently (with minimum supervision), work simultaneously on numerous tasks, and meet deadlines;
· Knowledge in programming; statistical analysis; and Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) an advantage;
· Experience in dealing with government agencies desirable
The period of employment is initially for three (3) months with the possibility of renewal (Expected to start on 1 June 2015)
with the subject line: “Application: Research Assistant (CCPP)”. Deadline for accepting application is on 15 May 2015. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you have queries, kindly send an email to the address above or contact us at 982-2276 or 755-2332 loc 2276.