Knowledge Channel’s Class Project: Intercollegiate Mini-Documentary Competition has served as a haven for aspiring documentarists in highlighting Filipino values and culture and telling inspiring stories.
On its third year, Class Project, in partnership with ABS-CBN, DocuCentral and Philippine Association of Communication Educators, again delivered 10 remarkable student documentaries that viewers can now watch on iWant for free!
Here are the 10 mustwatch Class Project winning mini-documentaries:
1. The dedication of ‘Titser Gennie ’ It revolves around the story of Gennie, an Aeta teacher whose dedication to her profession traverses heights, as she treks the trails of Sitio Tarukan daily to teach Aeta children. “Titser Gennie,” produced by students from the University of Makati (UMak), won first prize in Class Project 2019.
2. Learn more about Pampanga’s ‘Kulitan.’ Also from UMak, this documentary shows the cultural heritage of Kapampangans’ language and precolonial writing system called “Kulitan.” “Kulitan” won second prize in Class Project 2019.
3. Witness the determination of ‘Mga Batang Anipa.’ “Mga Batang Anipa” follows four children who battle the surging currents of the river on a lifesaver in order to reach their school. The documentary, also from students of UMak, won third prize in Class Project 2019.
4. Know the hardships of the Filipino farmer in ‘Binhi.’ This Class Project 2019 finalist produced by students from Palawan State University narrates the struggles of Mang Ariel, a farmer from Taytay, Palawan, in providing for his family.
5. The cultural significance of the betel nut in ‘City Painted in Red.’ “City Painted in Red” highlights the cultural significance of chewing betel nuts or the traditional practice of northern tribes called moma.
6. Vash’s fast-paced adventure in ‘Ang Munting Karera ni Vash.’ Follow the story of Vash, 8, in his adrenaline-packed journey to becoming a pocket motorbike racing champion.
7. The dreams of three scholars in ‘Iskolar ng Merkado.’ “Iskolar ng Merkado” tells the stories of Mike, Irish and Kyrell who work in the wet market to meet their needs and help their families.
8. The stories of grandmothers in ‘Hiling sa Dapithapon.’ ’ The documentary from students of the Lyceum of the Philippines University Laguna shares the stories of grandmothers who spend their days in a home for the aged.
9. Feel the affection of a foster parent in ‘Aruga.’ A parent’s love is immeasurable and unconditional, even if one is not blood-related to the child. “Aruga” proves this as it shows the affection of Nanay Nida, a licensed foster parent, for her temporarily adopted children.
10. The loyalty of ‘Hachiko ng Lapu-Lapu.’ In “Hachiko ng Lapu-Lapu,” watch the true story of a street dog named Kit and how he waits daily for the return of his best friend.
Download the iWant app or visit iwant.ph to stream more documentaries for free
Published on Thursday, 20 August 2020 | Hits:610
Kapamilya love reached more Filipinos as ABS-CBN Foundation Inc.’s (AFI) “Pantawid ng Pag-ibig: Isang Daan, Isang Pamilya” campaign distributed food packs and ligtas bags outside Metro Manila for those greatly
Published on Thursday, 18 June 2020 | Hits:604
Local government units (LGUs) found it challenging to quickly provide relief to families affected by the quarantine. That is why several mayors in Metro Manila and nearby provinces have expressed
Published on Thursday, 18 June 2020 | Hits:571
As Filipino families continue to struggle with the loss of jobs, ABS-CBN Foundation Inc. (AFI) moves to the second phase of the “Pantawid ng Pagibig” campaign with the aim of
Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 | Hits:658
The “Pantawid ng Pag-ibig” campaign of ABS-CBN and ABS-CBN Foundation Inc. (AFI) has raised P350 million in cash donations and pledges for the benefit of over 600,000 families in Metro
Published on Thursday, 06 February 2020 | Hits:598
NO evacuee will be left behind. This is the promise of ABSCBN as it launches the “Tulong-Tulong sa Taal” campaign, which aims to unite the nation in helping Filipinos affected
Published on Friday, 23 June 2017 | Hits:4251
ABS-CBN Foundation Europe CIO joins public and private support for the victims of the massive fire that hit the 24-storey residential London Grenfell Tower in West London on June 14
Published on Friday, 17 February 2017 | Hits:4526
A state of calamity has been declared by the Mayor of Surigao City. Relief and rescue operations are underway for the barangays that have been affected.
Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 | Hits:1272
The Rural Workers Association of San Rafael (RWASR) based in Bulusan, Sorsogon, which runs Nasipit Eco-Agri Farm, has a simple message for their fellow Filipinos: “There is no problem we
Published on Thursday, 16 April 2020 | Hits:1180
ABS-CBN helps arm Filipinos with relevant information to stop the spread of disease through its “Ligtas Pilipinas sa COVID-19” campaign on radio, TV and online.
Published on Thursday, 16 April 2020 | Hits:1328
HELP came through for health workers in East Avenue Medical Center after ABS-CBN delivered masks and other protective gear and snacks to show support and Kapamilya love to those leading
Published on Monday, 09 March 2020 | Hits:970
“Maraming, maraming salamat po sa award na ipinagkaloob ninyo sa amin. Alay namin ito sa kapatid kong si Gina Lopez,” said “G Diaries” host and Bantay Bata 163 executive director
Published on Monday, 09 March 2020 | Hits:1040
She could hardly contain her joy and excitement when she saw her son walking towards her. She welcomed him with tight hugs and happy tears as a loving mother would
Published on Monday, 09 March 2020 | Hits:796
ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation Inc. (ALKFI) renamed its building Gina Lopez Building in honor of its late chairperson and founder of ALKFI programs Bantay Bata 163 and Bantay Kalikasan.
Published on Thursday, 06 February 2020 | Hits:1012
ACCORDING to UNICEF, 95 children in the Philippines die every day because of malnutrition. This is one of the reasons Alaska Milk Corporation supports the advocacy of ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya
Published on Monday, 16 December 2019 | Hits:1517
IN 2015, Unicef and the Council for the Welfare of Children conducted the National Baseline Study on Violence Against Children in the Philippines, which indicated that eight out of 10
Published on Friday, 05 January 2018 | Hits:1522
For the Love of Children For the Love of Children These children live everyday making ends meet without losing hope that a better future awaits them. Together, let’s keep their hopes alive
Published on Wednesday, 20 December 2017 | Hits:1817
New World Hotels and Resorts gears up for another exciting edition of Run & Raise in 2018. Now on its fourth year, Run & Raise 4 will be held at