The current work setup can be a great opportunity to self-study and undertake self-improvement projects. Whether to prepare for the post-pandemic workplace or job market or simply to give yourself an emotional leg up, April Salonga suggests these simple steps you can do right now to boost your self-awareness and self-management.
1. Meditate. Reflect and evaluate yourself honestly— what are you doing that’s working? What’s not working?—then implement the necessary changes. Try to get rid of habits and attitudes that don’t help you.
2. Keep a journal of your key plans and priorities. Write everything down, Salonga advises. Get your abandoned or unused planners and commit to keep a record of your life, be it long-term plans, things to do, appointments, the state of your health, family milestones, aspirations, manifestations or changes in your mindset and perceptions. Listing down things you are grateful for every day will also keep you motivated, especially during “toxic” moments.
3. Take psychometric tests. There are plenty of psychological and IQ tests you can take online, including MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) or the Johari Window; these tests are reliable enough that they are used by some companies in their recruitment processes. The ones commonly found on social media are not always accurate, Salonga notes.
4. Get regular feedback at work. Have the initiative to approach and seek feedback from your manager and peers. More importantly, be receptive and reflect on their assessment of you.
5. Learn from your experiences. The way you react to good and bad experiences will reveal a lot about you and will allow you to determine your strengths and weaknesses.
6. Embrace your failures. As the saying goes, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” We all make mistakes, what’s important is to learn from these mistakes.
Bonus tip: Listen to self-help podcasts. Salonga shares that a lesson she picked up from a podcast she follows is to be grateful for everything, no matter how small. Training yourself to adopt a grateful attitude will help you maintain your equanimity; in contrast, someone who is habitually pessimistic will only fall deeper into negativity during stressful times, making it hard for him or her to recover. Sadness is a valid emotion and is something you can learn from as well, Salonga advises.
Published on Thursday, 20 August 2020 | Hits:614
Kapamilya love reached more Filipinos as ABS-CBN Foundation Inc.’s (AFI) “Pantawid ng Pag-ibig: Isang Daan, Isang Pamilya” campaign distributed food packs and ligtas bags outside Metro Manila for those greatly
Published on Thursday, 18 June 2020 | Hits:608
Local government units (LGUs) found it challenging to quickly provide relief to families affected by the quarantine. That is why several mayors in Metro Manila and nearby provinces have expressed
Published on Thursday, 18 June 2020 | Hits:577
As Filipino families continue to struggle with the loss of jobs, ABS-CBN Foundation Inc. (AFI) moves to the second phase of the “Pantawid ng Pagibig” campaign with the aim of
Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 | Hits:659
The “Pantawid ng Pag-ibig” campaign of ABS-CBN and ABS-CBN Foundation Inc. (AFI) has raised P350 million in cash donations and pledges for the benefit of over 600,000 families in Metro
Published on Thursday, 06 February 2020 | Hits:600
NO evacuee will be left behind. This is the promise of ABSCBN as it launches the “Tulong-Tulong sa Taal” campaign, which aims to unite the nation in helping Filipinos affected
Published on Friday, 23 June 2017 | Hits:4257
ABS-CBN Foundation Europe CIO joins public and private support for the victims of the massive fire that hit the 24-storey residential London Grenfell Tower in West London on June 14
Published on Friday, 17 February 2017 | Hits:4528
A state of calamity has been declared by the Mayor of Surigao City. Relief and rescue operations are underway for the barangays that have been affected.
Published on Tuesday, 19 May 2020 | Hits:1274
The Rural Workers Association of San Rafael (RWASR) based in Bulusan, Sorsogon, which runs Nasipit Eco-Agri Farm, has a simple message for their fellow Filipinos: “There is no problem we
Published on Thursday, 16 April 2020 | Hits:1182
ABS-CBN helps arm Filipinos with relevant information to stop the spread of disease through its “Ligtas Pilipinas sa COVID-19” campaign on radio, TV and online.
Published on Thursday, 16 April 2020 | Hits:1329
HELP came through for health workers in East Avenue Medical Center after ABS-CBN delivered masks and other protective gear and snacks to show support and Kapamilya love to those leading
Published on Monday, 09 March 2020 | Hits:973
“Maraming, maraming salamat po sa award na ipinagkaloob ninyo sa amin. Alay namin ito sa kapatid kong si Gina Lopez,” said “G Diaries” host and Bantay Bata 163 executive director
Published on Monday, 09 March 2020 | Hits:1041
She could hardly contain her joy and excitement when she saw her son walking towards her. She welcomed him with tight hugs and happy tears as a loving mother would
Published on Monday, 09 March 2020 | Hits:798
ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation Inc. (ALKFI) renamed its building Gina Lopez Building in honor of its late chairperson and founder of ALKFI programs Bantay Bata 163 and Bantay Kalikasan.
Published on Thursday, 06 February 2020 | Hits:1013
ACCORDING to UNICEF, 95 children in the Philippines die every day because of malnutrition. This is one of the reasons Alaska Milk Corporation supports the advocacy of ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya
Published on Monday, 16 December 2019 | Hits:1521
IN 2015, Unicef and the Council for the Welfare of Children conducted the National Baseline Study on Violence Against Children in the Philippines, which indicated that eight out of 10
Published on Friday, 05 January 2018 | Hits:1524
For the Love of Children For the Love of Children These children live everyday making ends meet without losing hope that a better future awaits them. Together, let’s keep their hopes alive
Published on Wednesday, 20 December 2017 | Hits:1820
New World Hotels and Resorts gears up for another exciting edition of Run & Raise in 2018. Now on its fourth year, Run & Raise 4 will be held at