|Short Company Profile
Knowledge Channel Foundation, Inc. (K Channel) is the Philippines’ first and only all-curriculum educational television channel. Over the years, K Channel has expanded its work beyond television, making its educational programs available online through knowledgechannel.org and its Youtube channel and offline through Knowledge TV and Knowledge Channel Portable Media Library
The Programs Officer for Early Childhood Education (ECE) is responsible for setting up, planning, implementation, and assessment for KCFI’s early childhood education for 0-4.11 years old programs and projects, which should include policy-level discussions and community-based activities for care providers, local government units, and children.
Understanding and contextualizing the National Early Learning Curriculum (0-4.11 years old) and the Basic Education Curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 3 (5-8 years old), and working collaboratively with relevant government agencies, the academe, ECE implementers, and with the KCFI’s curriculum, production, engagement and evaluation units, she is co-responsible with the latter for content and delivery and assessment for video and other learning resource production, and for the content, implementation and assessment of skills development programs for care providers of children.
• Education degree with specialization in Early Childhood Education or related degrees or programs
• Well-versed in the Early Years Act of 2013 and early childhood education-related laws and policies in the country and elsewhere
• Well-versed on National Early Learning Curriculum and the Basic Education Curriculum for K-3
• Experienced working with the ECCD Council, Department of Education, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Council for the Welfare of Children, and other government and non-government organizations working on early childhood development and early childhood education
• At least 2–3-year experience in program management on interventions related to early childhood education and capacity development training programs for child development teachers & workers, and parents/care providers of children or related work
• Experience in securing government recognition or accreditation and other compliance requirements from relevant government agencies.